Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sad Quotes...

We all experience sadness and grief at some point in our lives. Pain is inevitable, and so is the grief after the realization. Sometimes pain eases on its own, but in certain cases, it just hurts forever! Many a time we try to suppress our grief and pain, thinking that it will disappear if we ignore it, but it doesn't. So, it is important to be able to express and share our sadness and grief. They say time is the best healer. The following collection of sad quotes about pain, love, friendship and death, will surely make you feel better. Read these depressing quotes to help you recover from sadness and depression quickly.

Sad Quotes About Life

Ninety out of hundred things in life always go against our wish. That is when life seems a burden. There are many instances when there is not a single ray of light, the darkness never seems to end. The following sad life quotes will assure you that you are not alone in this journey, there are many like you who are reading these sad quotes about life because even they have gone through the same turmoil, so do not get depressed.

"Life isn’t fair. It’s just fairer than death, that’s all." - Anonymous

"Tired of these endless games, Time to end the darkened day To raise the sword To kill the light Because there is no reason left to fight. - Night Oasis

"I believe in justice, maybe not in this life, but there has to be justice. And if there isn't a God, I think it would be very depressing. I'd prefer to believe there is." - David Zucker

"Life is divided into the horrible and the miserable." - Anonymous

"Life is an unbroken succession of false situations." - Thornton Wilder

"My feeling is that there is nothing in life but refraining from hurting others, and comforting those who are sad." - Olive Schreiner

"Life, the way it really is, is a battle not between Bad and Good but between Bad and Worse." - Joseph Brodsky

"There has been much tragedy in my life; at least half of it actually happened. - Mark Twain

"When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened." - Winston Churchill

"Nature is smarter than people think. Little by little we lose our friends, we lose everything. We keep losin' and losin' till we say you know, 'Oh what the hell am I livin' around here for? I got not reason to go on." - Mickey (From the Movie 'Rocky V')

"If you no longer believe in happily ever after then what do you have left to hope for?" - Kellie

Sad Love Quotes

Love is truly a complex feeling. We all long for true love, and need someone to love. But when we finally find true love, it ultimately leads to pain and grief only. The following sad quotes about love deals with all the emotions of love. I am sure you will relate to majority of these famous sad quotes, because everyone goes through this sad stage at some time or the other.

"Pleasure of love lasts but a moment, Pain of love lasts a lifetime." - Anonymous

"The weirdest thing happened the other morning…I woke up with tears in my eyes…and one rolling down my cheek…and I knew I must have been dreaming of you again." - Anonymous

"When I see you smile and know that its not for me, that's when I miss you the most." - Anonymous

"Forget The Times You Walked By, Forget The Times You've Made Me Cry, Forget The Time You Held My Hand, Forget The Sweet Things If I Can, I Can No Longer Pretend, I Have To Remember Now That You're Just A Friend." - Anonymous

"How could an Angel break my heart? Why didn’t he catch my falling star? I wish I didn’t wish so hard. Maybe I wished our love apart." - Toni Braxton

"I cry because I know
he doesn't feel the way I do.
I cry because I think of
how pathetic I am,
and I cry because
I think I'll be crying forever." - Anonymous

"Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes… just be an illusion." - Anonymous

"The pain of having a broken heart is not so much as to kill you, yet not so little as to let you live." - Anonymous

"For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been." - Anonymous

Sad Quotes About Death

The fear of death has been described in literature since centuries. Death of a dear one leaves one's life shattered. These famous quotes about death will help you in your difficult times.

"Be near me when my light is low... And all the wheels of being slow." - Alfred Lord Tennyson

"The trouble with life in the fast lane is that you get to the other end in an awful hurry." - John Jensen

"While I thought
that I was learning how to live,
I have been learning how to die." - Leonardo da Vinci

"Death twitches my ear. "Live," he says, "I am coming." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

"In Heaven, all the interesting people are missing." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"The chief problem about death, incidentally, is the fear that there may be no afterlife - a depressing thought, particularly for those who have bothered to shave. Also, there is the fear that there is an afterlife but no one will know where it's being held" - Woody Allen

"He thought it happier to be dead, To die for Beauty, than live for bread." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Death is the veil which those who live call life:
They sleep, and it is lifted." - Percy Shelley

"A punishment to some, to some a gift, and to many a favor." - Seneca

"I look upon life as a gift from God. I did nothing to earn it. Now that the time is coming to give it back, I have no right to complain." - Joyce Cary

Sad Quotes About Friendship

Friendship is the purest of relationships. From the time we start understanding the concept of friendship, we make promises of being there, for eternity. But sometimes the promise is broken, things go wrong, or sometimes nothing goes wrong but one is left alone. The following sad friendship quotes will surely lessen your agony.

"The worst solitude is to destitute of sincere friendship." - Francis Bacon

"Not all scars show, not all wounds heal. Sometimes you can't always see the pain someone feels." - Anonymous

"I discovered who were my real friends. I just wished that wasn't the way I had to discover." - Anonymous

"Friendship is but a name; fidelity but an empty name." - Ovid

"Friendship is like a glass ornament, once it is broken it can rarely be put back together exactly the same way." - Anonymous

"These days flattery wins friends, truth begets hatred." - Terence

"My best friend... I feel like I've lost him forever, and he was like my touchstone." - Reality Bites

"Friends are like roses...you have to look out for the Pricks!" - Anonymous

"True friendship is like sound health, the value is seldom appreciated until it is lost." - Charles Caleb Colton

"Who do you turn to when the only person in the world that can stop you from crying, is exactly the one making you cry?" - Anonymous

These were some of the best sad quotes. Hope these sad quotes about pain help you ease the grief and pain. As these quotes state, let go of the pain. The more you think about it, the more difficult it will be to get back to normal. So close the chapter and move on, after all it's you who is suffering, no one else!

No comments:

Post a Comment